Today, we are releasing EmEditor v15.4.0.
Important: this version fixes the bug of EmEditor v15.2.x and v15.3.x where Undo after case insensitive Replace All was not correct under a certain condition. We strongly recommend anyone who are using older versions of EmEditor to update to this new version.
Updates from v15.3.2 include:
New General Features
- Greatly improved the speed of the Delete Bookmarked Lines command, and the Compare command while two documents are opened in separate windows (The Delete Bookmarked Lines command was already optimized on v15.3.1).
- Added the base64 encoding related commands (see New Commands below).
- The Sort Fewest to Most Words and Sort Most to Fewest Words radio buttons were added to the Sort by Multiple Columns dialog box.
- The Always Show 1 Line above/below Cursor check box was added to the Scroll tab of configuration properties.
- The Marks tab of the Customize dialog box was renamed to Marks/Format, and allows you to set the date/time formats used when you insert time and date.
- The Apply to All check box was added to the dialog box displayed when invalid characters were contained in a file when opening a file.
- The Simply Merge (No Keys) check box was added to the Join CSV dialog box.
- The Remember Visited Links check box was added to the Link tab of configuration properties.
- The URLs (visited), Mail addresses (visited), and Find in Files hyperlinks (visited) were added to the Specify Part list box in the Display tab of configuration properties.
- Base64 to Plain Text (Current Encoding)
- Plain Text to Base64 (Current Encoding)
- Base64 to Plain Text (UTF-8)
- Plain Text to Base64 (UTF-8)
- Base64 to Binary File
- Binary File to Base64
- Sort Fewest to Most Words
- Sort Most to Fewest Words
- Clear Visited Link History
Plug-in New Features
- View Lines and Pages were added to the query type in the Word Count plug-in.
Plug-in API New Features
- The EI_GET_PRINT_PAGES parameter was added to the EE_INFO message (Editor_Info inline function).
- EEID_DECODE_BASE64, EEID_ENCODE_BASE64, EEID_DECODE_BASE64_UTF8, EEID_ENCODE_BASE64_UTF8, EEID_DECODE_BASE64_BINARY, EEID_ENCODE_BASE64_BINARY, EEID_SORT_WORDS_A, EEID_SORT_WORDS_D, and EEID_CLEAR_VISIT_HISTORY commands were added.
Macro New Features
- The eeJoinSimpleMerge flag was added to the Join method.
- Fixed the bug where the selection is canceled after selecting text and changing the wrap mode.
- Fixed the bug where printing the selection became disabled even though the selection exists.
- Fixed the bug where search and replace could crash when a very large file of under 10,000 lines in total (including very long lines) is opened under a certain condition.
- Fixed the bug of EmEditor v15.2.x and v15.3.x where Undo after case insensitive Replace All was not correct under a certain condition.
- Fixed the bug where the Toggle Bookmark button on the toolbar did not always toggle the bookmark at the current line.
To update, you can select Check for Updates on the Help, or you can go to the Download page to download the newest version.
In order to reduce the installer size, the Help file is not included in the installer. You can view the Web Help with your browser, or download the separate Help file. If you would like to download the separate local Help file, please go to the Download Help page.
This version is available free if you have a lifetime license or if your maintenance plan is valid as of October 13, 2015. Your registration keys might be found in the Emurasoft Customer Center. The registration key for v15 is the same as the key for v14.
Thank you for using EmEditor!