Today, we are releasing EmEditor v16.2.0.
Updates from v16.1.5 include:
New General Features
- The Filter toolbar allows you to specify additional lines to display before and after matched lines. The Number of Additional Visual Lines Above Matched Lines and Number of Additional Visual Lines Below Matched Lines drop-down list boxes were added to the Filter toolbar.
- The Find Extract feature allows you to specify the number of lines above and below the matched lines, and specify the separator.
- The Extract All button was added to the Replace dialog box, and allows you to extract all matched strings using regular expressions, and replace using replace expressions. For example, enter <h3>(.*?)</h3> in the Find text box, \1 in the Replace with text box while the Use Regular Expressions check box is set, and clicking the Extract All will extract all the strings between <h3> and </h3> as a new document.
- Optimized the speed while filtered.
- The Sort Date and Time Oldest to Newest and Sort Date and Time Newest to Oldest radio buttons were added to the Sort by Multiple Columns dialog box.
- The Number of Additional Lines Above Matched Lines and Number of Additional Lines Below Matched Lines drop-down list boxes and the Separator text box were added to the Extract Options dialog box.
- The Extract All button was added to the Replace dialog box.
- Sort Date and Time Oldest to Newest
- Sort Date and Time Newest to Oldest
Plug-in API New Features
- The EI_GET_FILTER_VISIBLE_LINES_ABOVE, EI_SET_FILTER_VISIBLE_LINES_ABOVE, EI_GET_FILTER_VISIBLE_LINES_BELOW, EI_SET_FILTER_VISIBLE_LINES_BELOW flags were added to the EE_INFO message.
- The POS_CELL_LOGICAL and POS_CELL_VIEW flags were added for EE_GET_ANCHOR_POS, EE_GET_CARET_POS, EE_GET_SEL_START, EE_GET_SEL_END, EE_SET_CARET_POS, and EE_SET_ANCHOR_POS messages.
Macro New Features
- VisibleLinesAbove and VisibleLinesBelow properties were added to the Filters Collection.
- The eePosCellLogical and eePosCellView flags were added to the GetActivePointY, GetAnchorPointY, SetActivePoint, SetAnchorPoint, GetBottomPointY, and GetTopPointY methods.
- Fixed the bug where the Unicode signature (BOM) of UTF-8 files could dissapear while using the Replace in Files command.
- Fixed the bug where the Extract All could crash EmEditor while the Use Output Bar check box is set in the Extract Options dialog box.
- Fixed the bug where double-clicking while pressing the CTRL key could deselect the current selection while the CTRL + Click to Select a Word option is off.
- Fixed the bug where switching the CSV mode while loading a very large file could crash EmEditor.
If you use the Installer version, you can select Check for Updates on the Help to download the newest version. If you use one of the other versions, you can go to the Download page to download the newest version.
In order to reduce the installer size, the Help file is not included in the installer. You can view the Web Help with your browser, or download the separate Help file. If you would like to download the separate local Help file, please go to the Download Help page.
This version is available free if you have a lifetime license or if your maintenance plan is valid as of October 5, 2016. Your registration keys might be found in the Emurasoft Customer Center. The registration key for v16 is the same as the key for v15 and v14.
Thank you for using EmEditor!