Today, we are releasing EmEditor v16.3.0.
Updates from v16.2.1 include:
New General Features
- The Minimap was added. The right-click menu on the vertical scroll bar includes Show Minimap, Zoom In, Zoom Out, and Show Entire Map commands. Rotating the mouse wheel while the mouse pointer is on the Minimap can adjust the zoom now.
- The Number of Lines displayed in the status bar becomes the format of Selected Lines/Total Lines. The number of total lines is always visible if the Number of Lines check box is set in the Status tab of the Customize dialog box.
- A new app icon was added to the existing icon.
- The Filter Out command was added to the right-click menu on the Markers toolbar.
- The Minimap check box, Show Entire Map check box, Zoom slider, and Aspect Ratio slider were added to the Scroll tab of the configuration properties.
- The Select All, Bookmark and Extract buttons are separately placed in the Find dialog box now.
- The Current Icon drop-down list box was added to the Language tab of the Customize dialog box.
- Filter Out
- Show Minimap
- Zoom In Minimap
- Zoom Out Minimap
- Show Entire Minimap
Plug-in API New Features
- EI_GET_DPI_OPTIONS and EI_SET_DPI_OPTIONS flags were added to the EE_INFO message.
- Fixed the bug where EmEditor might have crashed when converting fixed-width columns to Tab separated values, and added more information when invalid lines were detected.
- Fixed various issues related to using multiple different-DPI monitors.
If you use the Installer version, you can select Check for Updates on the Help to download the newest version. If you use one of the other versions, you can go to the Download page to download the newest version.
Notes: Currently, the UWP versions are not available for downloads.
In order to reduce the installer size, the Help file is not included in the installer. You can view the Web Help with your browser, or download the separate Help file. If you would like to download the separate local Help file, please go to the Download Help page.
This version is available free if you have a lifetime license or if your maintenance plan is valid as of November 17, 2016. Your registration keys might be found in the Emurasoft Customer Center. The registration key for v16 is the same as the key for v15 and v14.
Thank you for using EmEditor!