Today, we are releasing EmEditor v16.1.0.
Updates from v16.0.2 include:
New General Features
- The new Cell toolbar was added. By default, the Cell toolbar appears when a CSV document is active and the cell selection mode is selected. The Cell toolbar allows you to edit the selected cell(s). Unlike the editor behavior, the Cell toolbar does not show the surrounding double quotes, and embedded delimiters are escaped. Newline codes are displayed as newlines.
- Supports most of HTML5 named character references.
- Many dialog boxes including a list with check boxes (such as Extract Columns), the new version allows you to drag and drop items to arrange the order in the list, and the Enable/Disable Selected Items check box now becomes Enable/Disable All when only 1 or 0 item is selected in the list.
- The Automatically Show/Hide Cell Toolbar check box, the Automatically Set Focus (Cell Toolbar), and the Automatically Adjust Height (Cell Toolbar) were added to the CSV Options list in the CSV tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The Enable/Disable All or Enable/Disable Selected Items check box was added to the Status tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The Add EOF (Ctrl+Z, U+001A or 1AH) check box became enabled even when the Selection or Document is selected from the Input drop-down list box in the External Tool Properties dialog box.
- Cell Toolbar
- Cell Toolbar Options
- Automatically Show/Hide Cell Toolbar
- Automatically Set Focus (Cell Toolbar)
- Automatically Adjust Height (Cell Toolbar)
- Fixed a certain bug related to the Extract command in the Find dialog box.
- Fixed the bug where EmEditor might have crashed when opening multiple very large files and exit all.
To update, you can select Check for Updates on the Help, or you can go to the Download page to download the newest version.
In order to reduce the installer size, the Help file is not included in the installer. You can view the Web Help with your browser, or download the separate Help file. If you would like to download the separate local Help file, please go to the Download Help page.
This version is available free if you have a lifetime license or if your maintenance plan is valid as of June 29, 2016. Your registration keys might be found in the Emurasoft Customer Center. The registration key for v16 is the same as the key for v15 and v14.
Thank you for using EmEditor!