Today, we are releasing EmEditor v14.4.0.
Updates from v14.3.1 include:
New General Features
- The Outline plug-in features are now included in the EmEditor core. The Outline plug-in has been deprecated. A new Outline button was added to the toolbar. Clicking on the right side of the button (Down arrow) will display a menu including many commands related to Outlining. Clicking on the Outline button toggles both the
Outline Bar and the Outline Guide.
- The Copy and Copy All commands were
added to the right-click menu of the Outline Bar.
- The new version can adjust the window size automatically when a custom bar is opened.
- With the new version, the wrapping mode can be set independently per document, not only per configuration.
- The Comment and Uncomment commands now work at the current line if there is no selection.
- If the main menu has been already customized, the new Outline Bar and Outline Guide commands will be added to the View sub menu automatically.
- If the main toolbar has been already customized, the new Outline button will be added to the toolbar automatically.
- When collapsed text is copied and pasted into another location, the new version maintains the collapse/expand state in the copied text.
- The Outline tab of configuration properties.
- The Outline tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The Adjust Window size when Custom Bar is Opened check box and the Limit Window to Monitor Size when Custom Bar is Opened check box were added to the Window tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The Synchronize Wrap Mode check box was added to the View tab of the Customize dialog box.
- Toggle Outline Bar and Guide
- Toggle Outline Bar
- Toggle Outline Guide
- Outlining (Popup Menu)
- Outline Properties
- Customize Outline
- Reset Font Size
- Set Current Font Size as Default
- Insert Tab
Macro New Features
- DiscardUndo property was added to the Window object.
Plug-in API New Features
- EE_GET_COLOR message.
- Editor_GetColor inline function.
- GET_COLOR_INFO structure.
- EI_GET_DISCARD_UNDO and EI_SET_DISCARD_UNDO commands were added to the EE_INFO message.
- Fixed a certain Snippets plug-in bug.
- Fixed a certain Scroll Bar Highlighting bug.
- Fixed the bug where Line Comment ending spaces couldn’t be saved when using the portable version.
- Fixed a certain IME issue.
- Fixed a certain font issue.
- Fixed a certain file name in quotes issue.
- Fixed a certain toolbar issue.
- Fixed a certain plug-in API (Editor_KeyboardProp) issue.
- Fixed a certain regular expression search issue.
V14 is free upgrade from v13. To use v14, you will need a v14 registration key. If you have valid v13 licenses, you can view your free v14 registration keys at Emurasoft Customer Center.
80% of our customers (including old customers who have registered their products) already have lifetime licenses. Even if you haven’t installed v13, please click the above link to check if you can upgrade to v14.
Thank you for using EmEditor.