Forum Replies Created
Possible bug in EmEditor 14.6.0 beta 1-3.
Steps to reproduce it:
- Open a CSV document that has enough lines to be able to scroll.
- From the Heading popup menu on the CSV/Sort Toolbar, select e.g. Heading 1.
- Scroll down the document using the mouse and click on any line.
- Now, see the line below the heading – somehow it is redrawn again with the second line of the document, even though it should not.
- When scrolling using the Down Arrow on the keyboard, it is even more obvious.
Please, how can I install the new beta(s) over the previous one without uninstalling it first? So far, I have to uninstall the older beta to be able to install the new one. I am using Custom option during the installation and this way I have to check/uncheck all the items I need once again.
I can confirm the fix.
Please, take a look at the new Percent-encoding function. There might be a bug in it.
- Convert the following URL text using the Unicode to Percent-encoding function.
The result should be:
- Now, convert it back using the Percent-encoding to Unicode function.
The result is:
It is different from the original text.
Confirmed. (EmEditor 11.0.2 32-bit, Win7 32-bit)
Seems like when double clicking the text file on the Desktop, the window position (top left corner) is set to the coordinates of 25×25 pixels and this position moves after each EmEditor launch using this way (i.e. to 50×50, 75×75, 100×100 etc.).
When launching EmEditor using the Start menu shortcut (for example), the window position is right.
I can confirm this issue (see the screencast video).
Bug with highlighted text when sorting a selection
Steps to reproduce:
1. Type some lines of text.
Note: Do NOT press ENTER after the last line!
2. Press CTRL+A to select all the lines.
3. Right-click the selection and choose Separated Values/Sort -> Sort A to Z.
Now, the lines are sorted from A to Z:
But, the I beam cursor is positioned at the beginning of the very first line and when clicking the selection, only the first line is deselected and the other lines remain selected (even though they are not).
However, if you press ENTER after the last line in step 1, it works correctly.
When clicking inside the Batch list in the Batch replace dialog box, the dialog cannot be closed by pressing ESC.
1. Create a new text file in EmEditor.
2. Type and/or copy at least 33 different strings to clipboard so the popup menu of the Paste button is full (I am not sure if 33 is the maximum number of items in the popup menu, but I can’t add more strings without losing the first ones).
For example, I will use the following strings:
The popup menu of the Paste button should contain 33 items now (string1 to string33, where string33 (last copied string) becomes the first item (#1) of the popup menu and string1 (first copied string) becomes the last one (#33)).
3. Click the arrow next to the Paste button and using the displayed popup menu, try to insert some of the items. It works just fine until you click the last (33rd) menu item (string1). In this case, nothing happens and string1 is not inserted.
– Using the shortcut key CTRL+SHIFT+V or the Cycle Clipboard Ring button is not affected.
– This bug does not occur when the popup menu contains only 32 or less items.
I don’t know if it is a new functionality in 10.0.4 but when you uncheck the ‘Search All Open Documents’ checkbox, it will enable the ‘In the Selection Only’ checkbox again.