Today, we are releasing EmEditor v14.6.0.
This new version adds important features with big data analysis and database file editing in mind.
Updates from v14.5.4 include:
New General Features
- The new version allows you to define up to 8 separate value formats, and each format now allows up to 39 character long text. You can specify each format whether to allow delimiters in double
quotes, whether to allow new lines in double quotes, and the number of lines in the column headings.
- The CSV/Sort toolbar was added and CSV related features were greatly enhanced.
- The CSV/Sort toolbar allows you to change the CSV mode, CSV conversion, Fixed Width Columns, various column/separator related commands, sort commands, the
Delete Duplicate Lines command, Line
Number, Ruler, and Heading commands.
- Following commands can be executed against all documents in the current group by clicking the button while pressing the SHIFT key — Normal Mode, all CSV commands, all
Convert to commands,
Fixed Width Columns, all sort commands, Delete Duplicate Lines, Heading 0 – 4, Adjust Separator Positions, Automatically Add Separators, and
Remove All Separators.
- The Sort by Multiple Columns command was added.
- The new Filter Bar was added. The Filter Bar allows you to view only the lines that include a specified string.
- The Extract All button was added to the Find dialog box. Pressing the Extract All button extracts lines containing the searched string to a new document.
- Double-clicking on the ruler now selects the column except the headings. Triple-clicking the ruler selects the entire column. After double/triple-clicking, moving the mouse right or left while
pressing the mouse button selects multiple columns.
- Double-clicking the ruler will not adjust columns anymore.
- The Updater feature which was temporarily disabled on v14.5.4 was restored. The new Updater installs only digitally signed update packages signed with the same certificate as the Updater.
- Fixed the bug where multiple selection positions after Replace All might have been wrong.
- Fixed the bug where the Undo after a replace in the vertical selection might not have worked correctly.
The Update Checker on older versions of EmEditor will not be available anymore. If you try to check updates from older versions, you will see the prompt message: “Invalid or missing updates configuration file. …”. This is not a bug. Please download and update to the newest version of EmEditor by clicking here.
V14 is free upgrade from v13. To use v14, you will need a v14 registration key. If you have valid v13 licenses, you can view your free v14 registration keys at Emurasoft Customer Center.
80% of our customers (including old customers who have registered their products) already have lifetime licenses. Even if you haven’t installed v13, please click the above link to check if you can upgrade to v14.
Thank you for using EmEditor.