How do I install the new version of EmEditor?
You can install the new version of EmEditor by downloading the latest version from the EmEditor home page. The steps are as follows:
- If the EmEditor tray icon is visible, close it by right clicking on the tray icon and selecting Close Tray Icon.
- Uninstall the previous version of EmEditor from Windows Settings | Apps | Installed apps.
- If the message box “Do you want to keep EmEditor settings before they are completely uninstalled?” appears, select Yes if you need to keep all your previous settings. If you don’t need to keep your settings, click No.
- Download EmEditor and run the .msi file to start the installation process.
- EmEditor is also available on the Microsoft Store.
In Windows 7 or below, the File Download – Security Warning dialog box may appear.
Clicking the Run button should start the downloading, and the Internet Explorer – Security Warning dialog box appears:
Click Publisher: Emurasoft, Inc.
Make sure you read This digital signature is OK in the Digital Signature Details dialog. If this phrase does not appear in the dialog box, the downloaded file is corrupted, and you will need to clear the Temporary Internet files, and try downloading again. Click OK to close the dialog box.
Clicking the Run button will launch the Setup. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to proceed with the setup.