I have uninstalled EmEditor. When I double click on a file associated with EmEditor, I can’t open the file. How do I fix this?
For Windows 10+
- Open Settings and in the search box, search for Default apps and open the page.
- Go to Choose default apps by file type.
- Find the find extension that is associated with EmEditor. Click on the row to change it to a different app.
For Windows 8 and below
- Open Windows Explorer, click Tools, select Folder Options, and then click the File Types tab.
- Select extensions you want to delete in the Registered file types list box and click the Change button.
- In the Open With dialog box, select a program other than EmEditor that you want to associate the file with.