New in Version 19.4
December 4, 2019
New General Features
- Enhanced the AutoFill feature to be used in non-CSV documents and CSV documents without the cell selection mode, and it’s called AutoRepeat. Dragging the AutoRepeat handle with the mouse will copy the selected text or series toward the dragging direction. (To disable this feature, clear the Enable AutoRepeat handle in non-Cell Selection Mode check box in the Mouse page of the Customize dialog box.)
- The new version allows you to drag the right or left selection border to extend or shrink the selection. This is useful when you want to adjust the selection again after you make a text selection with the mouse. dragging the top or bottom selection border to make a vertical selection. In case of multiple selections, dragging the right or left border of each selection will adjust the width of each selection. (To disable tihs feature, clear the Drag selection border to extend/shrink selection in the Mouse page of the Customize dialog box.)
- Increased the maximum number of CSV formats to 64, but only the first 8 CSV formats can be detected automatically when opening a document.
- Enhanced macros related to CSV definition to allow creating temporary CSV formats while running macros.
- In the new version, the Rename command (formerly Rename and Save command) can be used for untitled documents without actually saving.
- Improved the speed of the Copy, Cut and Paste commands.
|Select All and Copy||14.2 seconds||2.69 seconds||5.28 times faster|
|Paste to a new document||7.16 seconds||4.92 seconds||1.46 times faster|
* 1.34 GB, 100,000,000 lines, ASCII random data file. Always Discard Lengthy Undo Information to Accelerate option on.
16 threads, Windows 10 (64-bit), Core i9-9900K, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD.
- Added the Toolbar button title check box and text box to the CSV page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Drag selection border to extend/shrink selection, and Enable AutoRepeat handle in non-Cell Selection Mode check boxes to the Mouse page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the 512 bytes per line, 1,024 bytes per line, and 4,096 bytes per line formats to the Binary (Hexadecimal View) drop-down list box in the Format page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Rename command to the tab menu (context menu displayed when a document tab is right-clicked).
Macro New Features
- Added the CsvList collection.
- Added the AllowDelimiter, AllowNL, EnableTitle, Escape, FirstDetectLine, Heading, LinesCell, MaxDetectLines, MinDetectDelimiter, and Title properties to the Csv object.